Saturday, July 14, 2018

Princess Amber | Ärstider

Hiya, Jammers! It's Daylite back with another character in Ärstider. So instead of a summary(like I did with the Alphas of the Starscape), I'm just going to give you an excerpt of the fiction I'm writing about her, which will explain most of it.

Amber and the Hidden Falls

“Good morning, Princess Amber.” Cookie, a servant, set down a tray of tea. Soft sunlight beamed in through the window. Amber stretched her arms and let out a content sigh. “Good morning, Cookie. Did it come yet?” she asked hopefully. Cookie knew instantly what she was talking about. She shook her head. “Not yet. It should be here any day now.” Amber and her uncle, Sir Gilbert, an Alpha in Jamaa, shared a close relationship and exchanged letters. In his last one, he wrote that he may have good news for Amber and that he’ll let her know soon. Everyday, Amber was bursting with excitement.
“Day wanted me to let you know she prepared breakfast and that she can bring it down if you’d like.”
“No need. I’ll be up in a few minutes.” Amber slipped on her gown and trotted down to the dining hall. Amber and the servants ate breakfast quietly. The princess was itching with anticipation when a Evie, an Alpha from Snowy Starscape rushed in with a box. “A letter and a package from the General in Jamaa, Sir Gilbert.” Amber was good friends with Evie, so of course she knew what the princess was hyped up about. Amber’s eyes lit up and she rushed over to open it up. She was anticipating the letter to arrive sooner, but she certainly didn’t expect a package. She opened it up to reveal a full set of armor and a golden bow and arrow. She ripped open the letter and murmured it to herself. “What does it say?” Day asked, her eyes wide.
“I was invited to become a soldier and stay at the tent at the bottom of the waterfall at Base Camp!” Amber had mixed feelings about it. Fighting and “roughing it” wasn’t quite her style, and Phantoms frightened her a lot. “Hm… it’ll probably be good for me to stretch out of my comfort zone for a bit. And I guess it could be fun.”
Cookie nodded eagerly. “Honestly, I think you should go. It will be good for you.”
“I suppose it’s settled then.” Amber took a deep breath. “Does anyone want to help me pack?”

I hope y'all like it so far! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Juno the Ancient Hero | Updates

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS. I know I'm probably making a way bigger deal about this than I should, but today I learned Juno the Ancient ...